Our Mission & Strategic Plan
The mission of the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is to promote agricultural, environmental, and social sustainability through research, teaching, and public engagement to meet the challenges of global change in the 21st century. The CAES International Programs Office works with global partners to build the capacity of countries in agriculture and the environment in terms of: Research, Extension, and Education.
UC Davis is one of the premier agricultural research universities in the world, ranking highly in teaching and research:
- 1st in the nation and 2nd in the world in agriculture & forestry (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- 1st in the world in agricultural economics & policy (Center for World University Rankings)
- 1st in the world in veterinary medicine (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- 1st in the world for sustainability (GreenMetric World University Ranking)
- 1st in the world in plant and animal programs (U.S. News & World Report)
- 2nd in the world in horticulture (Center for World University Rankings)
- 3rd in the world in ecology & plant sciences (Center for World University Rankings)
The International Programs Office (IPO) has developed a world reputation in developing and implementing capacity building programs globally, extending our agricultural expertise for a better world. As a result, the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences (CA&ES) is nationally known as a strong collaborator on international projects in the developing world, strengthening academic, research, and extension systems in agriculture, nutrition and health. Moreover, IPO continues to lead human capacity building programs of universities in resource-poor countries through curriculum development, internships and innovative graduate student research opportunities such as for IAD.
To review the full summary of our Strategic Plan, please click here (441 KB PDF)