Often, the CA&ES International Programs learns about funding opportunities for emerging international projects. We post links to those opportunities that are most relevant and timely to our ongoing work around campus and around the world.
Calls for proposals:
- RIFA Brazil Biodiversity Project: The Research and Innovation Fellowships for Agriculture (RIFA) has openings for University of California graduate students interested in short-term fellowships. Application Deadline: Rolling
- Horticulture Innovation Lab Trellis Fund: The Trellis Fund connects organizations in developing coutnries with U.S. graduate students who have agriclutural expertise, generating benefits for both students and institutions. Application Deadline: April 3, 2017
- Big Bang! Business Competition Challenge Awards:Managed by the UCD Graduate School of Management, the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship announced three new "Challenge Awards" that ask teams to present innovative solutions in specific areas of science or business. Application Deadline: April 11, 2017
- Center for Environmental Health- Justice Fund:The Center for Environmental Health is now accepting applications for their annual grant cycle titled "Community Environmental Action and Justice Fund." The Center for Environmental Health is an Oakland-based nonprofit organization that helps protect the public from toxic chemicals. Application Deadline: April 14, 2017
- 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund: Signature education initiative in the Western Hemisphere designed to foster region-wide prosperity through greater international exchange of students. Application Deadline: Various
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Global Grand Challenges: The Gates Foundation is inviting proposals for the latest round of Grand Challenges Explorations, which foster early-state discovery research approaches to solving global health and development challenges. Initial grants of US $100,000 are available for four focal areas. Application deadline: May 3, 2017
- USDA- NIFA Agriculture & Food Research Initiative: The Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) is a competitive grant program that provides funding for fundamental and applied research, education, and extension project in food and agricultural sciences. The Water for Food Production Systems (WFPS) Challenge Area seeks projects that employ systems approaches to resolving the complex challenges of increasing agricultural production while reducing water use. Application deadline for Letter of Intent: May 17, 2017
This list of available funding opportunities is updated reguarly by the International Programs Office. All hyperlinks lead from our webpage to third-party websites. The CA&ES International Programs Office is not responsible for third-party content, nor is responsible for funding availablity or program administration.