The mission of the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences is to promote agricultural, environmental, and social sustainability through research, teaching, and public engagement to meet the challenges of global change in the 21st century. The CA&ES International Programs Office works with global partners to build the capacity of countries in agriculture and the environment in terms of: Research, Extension, and Education.
UC Davis is one of the premier agricultural research universities in the world, ranking highly in teaching and research:
- 1st in the world in veterinary medicine (QS World University Rankings 2017)
- 1st in the world for sustainability (GreenMetric World University Ranking)
- 1st in the nation and 2nd in the world in agriculture & forestry (QS World University Rankings 2017)
- 1st in the world in plant and animal programs (U.S. News & World Report)
- 4th in the world in ecology & the environment (U.S. News & World Report)
The CA&ES International Programs Office (IPO) specializes in assisting countries better develop and deliver information to support highly integrated production-postharvest and market systems (often involving high value crops). To achieve this goal, we work across campus with international partners and with U.S. industries in the following areas: